ACTB is CRICOS registered and welcomes students from all over the world.

Students have access to a range of affordable accommodation options, including student accommodation complexes, DemiPair and other accommodation. If you need help, please contact us to get more detailed assistance.

Option 1: DemiPair

You can live with an Australian family and save hundreds of dollars in accommodation in return for working a few hours for the family. Please see the attached brochure for details.

Option 2: Student accommodation

UniLodge and Scape provide modern, safe student accommodation in the heart of Brisbane City. Enjoy the convenience of living in fully furnished studio student apartments in the centre of Brisbane.

The facilities of both accommodations may include a Business Centre, an outdoor pool and BBQ area, a student lounge and games room, as well as a gym, spa and sauna.

Option 3: Other accommodation (Rent/ Share)

Due to the College’s central location and close proximity to the central train station, accommodation around all around the city is easy to find, either through local real estate agents and newspapers or The ‘Courier Mail” newspaper publishes a list of available shared accommodation and other rental accommodation in its Saturday edition.

You can find share accommodation or rent a unit or house with friends. Searching for the right place could take a couple of weeks, so it is recommended that you book temporary accommodation before arriving.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) looks after the laws for renting a place to live in Queensland (the Residential Tenancies Act 1994 and the Residential Services (Accommodation) Act 2002).

The law gives tenants, landlords, and agents an understanding of their rights and responsibilities when renting. The RTA can help you learn your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
Get advice on:

  • what to do when you’re starting a tenancy
  • your rights and legal responsibilities as a tenant
  • how to get your bond back
  • what to do if you have a problem when renting

To download tenancy forms or for more information call 1300 366 311 or visit the RTA website. Also, please read Appendix 1 in this handbook for more details.

Please note that Residential Tenancy Authority services do not apply to students living in Homestay.